Since I forgot my notebook, I didn't get a good play by play on this, but I do have some impressions:
1) I've made up tokens for Weapon Destroyed/Wrecked for the pods and will be making some crater circles for exploding pods. This was because as I hammered down in a mass, to make it easier to move and deal with stuff I pulled the pods, which allowed a lot better movement for my opponent.
2) Beat my head in enough of this one, worked okay the last time, but the Speeders must start on the board, even if all they are doing is hiding, but hopefully to do the sniping. Waiting until the pods drop to start bursting transports is a no-go.
3) I'm dropping too aggressively, I need to back off and work on that, dropping back out of assault range. I need to remember that firepower works real well. The urge to keep a castled opponent penned in must be overcome, if they don't maneuver, then the incoming units don't have a target to strike. The objective
4) The Deathwinds were murderous and well worth the points. Hits on Obliterators, Terminators and Marines fell to them, not in great numbers, but more than enough to justify the 160 points I spent. However, the great effectiveness depended on aggressive dropping, so the bonus is conflict with #3 above.
5) I'm really underwhelmed by the Dreadnoughts. They are one shot wonders, which means on average, for three droping, I'll get 2 hits, which will probably penetrate in melta range vs. transports. Pretty much it is an 11/36 chance of wrecking/exploding a transport per shot (in melta range, little better than 1/6 outside). Then everything they need to throw at the Dreads fires at them until they are eliminated. I can try backing off with the drop and hiding behind the pod which may work out, especially if I drop less aggressively. Which leads me to only having a Ven DN with TLLC/HF/Tank Hunter (or an assault cannon which gives about the same chance to kill all the way out to 24") and a couple of Term Squads. I need to fiddle a bit more.
6) Part of the benefit of the Castellan's squad is having two power weapons available for first striking, but I think the idea of a pair of Term squads will work better.
Oh, I got my butt kicked (KP mission again by choice), but I will admit I had a heck of a lot of fun. Lots of brutal close range firefights with plenty of assaulty action. Hysterical RZ rolls where I failed three of them and fell back out of range of being in assault range but still managed to be far enough away to regroup to shoot again. The Emperor's Champion first got three personal kills on 1k Son's Marines (could not reach the Aspiring Sorc), survived a charge from a Demon Prince (1 wound taken) then turned and lashed out scoring three wounds against the Demon Prince before dying to the combined attacks of the DP, AS and the last couple of 1k Sons Marines. I just had too many KP available, so even though the dead models on the side were nice to look at, there were too many large units on his side.