FROM: Sword Brother Algesan (acting Castellan of the Panacea Crusade)
SUBJECT: Formal Induction of Imperial Guard Units as part of the Panacea Crusade
Greetings My Lord High Marshal in the name of the Emperor. Below is the substance of this rather odd request pressed upon me.
1. As you know, for their valor, Castellan Moltke had awarded several of the Guard regiments who have been fighting by our side the right to wear the Crux Templar on their livery for their valor and exemplary discharge of their duties to the Emperor in the cleansing of the Panacea system. In my previous report, I detailed the valiant battle of Castellan and the majority of our Brothers in the cleansing and destruction of spacehulk Ward to prevent the reinforcement of the local orks by Waaagh! Cruddace. Their sacrifice and glory will shine before the Emperor for all time.
2. In the wake of that glorious action, the soldiers of the Imperial Guard and conscripted units of the Panacea PDF, inspired by Castellan Moltke's example rose up and against all odds followed the rest of us in the completion of the purging of Panacea IV and its moons. Their actions are in the best traditions of service to the Emperor and worthy of recording in the annals of the Eternal Crusade. See attachment A for a list of the units and individuals marked out by distinction by members of the Panacea Crusade. In the process, many regiments were decimated below the levels where amalgamation would normally be enacted by the Departmento Munitorum. In a great number of cases, Initiate Brothers would spread among the remnants of these units and provide moral support and leadership where the Guard chain of command was broken in too many places. These Guardsmen and PDF responded with all the devotion to duty expected of a Neophyte Brother.
3. Upon conclusion of the purging of this system as we were refitting our wargear and awaiting the strike cruiser you dispatched, we were petitioned by the representatives of these regimental remnants to continue with us in the Crusade to cleanse the surrounding systems of orkish infestation. Since there were merely squads, a few platoons and one company left out of over a dozen regiments I contacted the Departmento Munitorum to find the disposition of these Guardsmen.
4. The Munitorum Executive for Panacea, after consulting with Lord General Smervdo, informed me that these valiant warriors had been offered cadre positions in the Panacea system to assist in rebuilding the ravaged PDF, but that they had most strenuously refused to be demobilized and repeated their request to join us to finish our Crusade. The Munitorium then offered to provide resupply, equipment and enough replacements to fill these men to a credible combat task force for our support and designate them as the "High Marshall's Own" Regiment with the duty to fight at our side until our Crusade is complete.
5. Brother Chaplain Jakobivits who arrived with our relief forces has met with these Guardsmen and consulted with the Initiate Brothers and feels the idea has merit for the ending phases of the Panacea Crusade.
6. I will await your decision with humility and patience. The Emperor Protects. Hail Dorn! Hail Sigismund!
Transmitted by Templar Astropathic System.